Positive three-year clinical data from the Endologix Ovation European Post Market Registry have been presented at the 2017 Leipzig Interventional Course (LINC; 24-17 January, Leipzig, Germany). The results were presented by Patrick Peeters, chief, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Imelda Hospital, Bonheiden, Belgium, and investigator for the study.
The registry included a total of 501 patients, enrolled across 30 European centres from May 2011 to December 2013. Through three years of follow-up, key highlights of the study results included:
- Broadest range of patient applicability on IFU of all commercially available infrarenal endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm devices
- 99% freedom from aneurysm-related mortality
- 99% freedom from migration, rupture, and conversion
- 97% freedom from Type I/III endoleak
- Excellent freedom from secondary intervention for occlusion (97%), Type I endoleak (97%) and Type II endoleak (95%)
Dierk Scheinert, study principal investigator and chairman of the LINC Symposium comments, “This study confirms the ability of the Ovation platform to successfully treat a broad array of patient anatomies with a high rate of treatment success and freedom from secondary intervention through mid-term follow-up. We are pleased to have revealed these impressive results at our scientific symposium this year.”